Sunday, April 19, 2009

Update

Hey, all! So as you can tell from the last date that I wrote, it's been a while since I last wrote. A lot has happened in these last two and a half months. For all of the month of March, I student-taught a first-grade class out at the Jordan Ridge Elementary school in South Jordan. It was so much fun, as it brought back memories from when I was in elementary school, I got to work with first-graders, and I got to teach! I know from this experience though, that I don't want to be a first-grade teacher, ha. Maybe third or fourth grade. The teacher that my teaching partner and I worked with, Mrs. Strain, was awesome. It was actually only her second year teaching, because she had come back to teach after having her own kids, but this seemed to help her a lot in her teaching of first-graders. There was this one student that seemed to have a special liking to me while I was there. I came to find out when some room-moms came in (one of them was his mom) that he wants to marry someone just like me when he grows up...! Cute, huh? I'm excited to see what it'll be like to teach older students this coming fall.
This semester ends in just three days, what with my last final happening on Wednesday. I'm so excited to be on a break from school :) After this semester is over, I'll be taking a break from school for spring semester, and then going back to classes in the summer, which will be just a little different than what I'm used to. But it's better, because I'm ready for a break, and these next few weeks have some visits to or from family, so it seemed to make more sense to take summer classes instead.
Working at Brick Oven keeps me really busy too...I really enjoy working there. It's a very happening place, that's for sure. Elder Holland came in to eat with his wife and some family members twice in just the last couple months, which was awesome. Apparently, Brick Oven was his and his wife's preferred restaurant that they liked coming to when they could as students here at BYU. I'm interested to see what it'll be like to work there full-time starting in just about a week.
Dating life has been treating me well in the last couple months. Since the beginning of February, I've been dating a guy named Robby Marsh, and it's been great. He's from Maryland, and goes here to BYU too. Most of you will meet him this summer actually! So I'll save any other details for you to find out then. If you want to know anything else, email me.
All of the above has taken up most if not all my time in these last couple months and a half, so there's not much else to update on. I'm so excited to see a bunch of you soon, and for the rest of you, we need to set up a time soon that we can SKYPE! I miss and love all of you tons...:) Hasta luego.

1 comment:

Elder Dylan Jackson Reay said...

Nat!!
You need to email me! I won't see you all this summer and I am gonna be so sad! But I loved your update! I miss you!
Dena